Thaxton Martial Arts teaches the
created by Master Tatsuo Shimabuku
of Okinawa, and taught to the U.S.
Marines Corp. Our form of Isshin-ryu
The Thaxton Martial Arts dojo is a culturally diverse family. Our students come from various ethnic backgrounds, are male and female, children and adult. Currently, our students range in age starting as young as six years of age through the late fifties. Depending on the maturity of the student, we accept students from age six through senior citizen.
Thaxton Martial Arts offers experienced instructors with 14 years experience in the art of Isshinryu Karate. Our black-belts have also cross -trained in other arts such Shotokan Karate and Kick Boxing, and literally have taught thousands of students through the years.
Training: Isshinryu Karate, Martial Arts, Self Defense, Sparring, Kumite, Weapons, Tuite, Pressure-Point Manipulation, Pain Compliance, Exercise
New classes are starting in May and July. We accept students from age 7 through senior citizen. This is a belt-ranked program in Isshin-ryu Karate where you learn the following disciplines.
1. Techniques and applications in blocking, punching, striking, kicking and stance,
2. Mechanics and principles behind proper technique, balance, power, energetics and movement,
3. Various Isshin-ryu katas (formal exercises) that teach self defense principles in movement.
4. Various Isshin-ryu weapons katas (formal exercises) that teach self defense using bo staff, sai and sword.
5. Sparring, also known as kumite, with other students in controlled matches,
6. And last, various applications and principles in self-defense, knife defense and pain compliance using pressure point and joint manipulation.
Tuition costs are $75 per month, plus a one-time $85 registration fee. Register by April, 30th and receive a 40% discount on tuition through end of 2014, $45.
Call 908-444-0805 to register! Increase your strength, flexibility, stamina and health. Reduce stress. Drop pounds. Increase your safety.
Knife Defense - March 1st, 2014 marks the start of our knife defense classes. This is an 8-week course that teaches self-defense in threat scenarios of a stationary mugger, and against a mobile attacker wielding a knife or stabbing object. This course is offered on Saturdays mornings from 9:00am - 10:00am. The cost for this course is $75. (Attendance is free to existing students of Thaxton Martial Arts.) Call 908-444-0805 to register!
Tournament Reminder - Our next competition will be at the 29th INVITATIONAL BENEFIT TOURNAMENT, Hackettstown High School, 701 Warren St, Hackettstown, NJ 07840 on April 27th, 2014. For more information visit http://isshin-ryu.com/
801 South Washington Avenue, Piscataway Township, NJ (908) 444-0805 email@example.com
Thaxton Martial Arts New Jersey © 2013 | All Rights Reserved